Corrective and Progressive Exercise for The Baby Boomer and Senior Populations: The Trunk and Spine-Level I with Dr. Evan Osar
Baby boomers and individuals 65 years of age and older are currently the largest growing segments of the population. A significant proportion of this group will experience chronic low back tightness and dysfunction.
By understanding and applying the principles of the Integrative Movement System™ into a corrective and progressive exercise program, the fitness professional can help their baby boomer and senior clients improve alignment and control of the trunk and spine. Additionally, this information will allow the fitness professional to be instrumental in helping improve their client’s functional strength and stability and become the movement-based solution to the health care crisis.
In this Workshop, You will Learn:
• The needs and wants of the baby boomer and senior populations and how to help them accomplish their goals
• Discover how alignment, breathing, and control - of the trunk, spine, and pelvis (thoracopelvic canister) relate to the development of efficient core function
• Perform functional assessments to determine range of motion and stability of the trunk and spine
• Leave able to apply the principles of the Integrative Movement System™ into an exercise program designed to improve core function in the baby boomer and senior populations
• Discover how to develop a safe and effective corrective and progressive core exercise program that helps your baby boomer and senior clients work toward accomplishing their health and fitness goals
KU Edwards Campus, The Best Conference Center
8:30AM - 5:30PM
Excel is excited to announce that Muscle Maker Grill will be providing an on-site lunch option at the April 29th workshop. Muscle Maker prides themselves in serving fresh, healthy food. Lunch must be pre-ordered with your registration for an additional $10, just select the workshop option that includes lunch after you follow the registration link below.
Menu will consist of one of the following (final choices still being decided upon, you do not make a selection now...we will confirm that closer to date):
• MMG Signature Wrap with side: Grilled chicken breast, turkey bacon, reduced fat cheddar cheese, romaine, tomatoes and onions with our zero carb signature sauce
• Caesar Wrap with side: Grilled chicken with romaine lettuce, zero carb Caesar dressing and topped with a touch of Parmesan cheese
• Arizona Entrée: Grilled chicken breast and turkey bacon over brown rice with tomatoes, scallions and gluten-free zero carb signature sauce
.7 NASM, .7 ACE, .7 AFAA
Dr. Evan Osar is the developer of the Integrative Movement Specialist™ certification designed specifically to aid the fit pro.
In addition to his chiropractic degree, Dr. Osar has earned national certifications through the American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), and The Soma Institute – National School for Clinical Massage Therapy.
Dr. Osar presents for several national and international organizations including American Council on Exercise, Club Industry, ECA World Fitness, IDEA, NSCA, Perform Better, Medical Fitness Association, Asia Fit, FILEX, AECC, British Chiropractic Association and Norwegian Chiropractic Association. He specializes in bringing advanced training and rehabilitation strategies to the fitness and bodywork professional that works with pre and post-rehabilitation and general population client.
Super Early Bird before February 17, 2017 - $169
Early Bird after February 17 and before March 24, 2017 - $189
After March 24, 2017 - $209
BodyEvolver PT Pro [VIP SPONSOR]
BodyEvolver PT Pro is an Online Fitness Tracking System for Trainers:
• Store Client Info and Measurements
• Record and Track Progress
• Plan and Set Goals
• Manage on Any Device
Keeping track of your clients just got easier!
Anchor Point Training
State of the art training gear that maximizes the versatility of anchored suspension and elastic resistance. Do more, do way more with equipment designs that provide more control of the nature of the resistance and how you connect to it. Expo workouts available for attendees on Nov 19th.
Muscle Metrics is a mobile fitness testing facility that uses the highly scientific Bod Pod to measure lean body mass, body fat percentage and resting metabolic rate. On-site testing will be available for attendees on Saturday, November 19th!
dod Fitness tools provide support and comfort for your knees whenever you kneel, for your wrists when you perform weight bearing exercises like push-ups, planks or downward dog and for your neck for anytime you lie on your back. They are very lightweight, washable, latex-free and made in the USA.
Muscle Maker Grill
Muscle Maker Grill serves healthier mainstream dishes that taste great, making it easy, affordable and enjoyable to eat healthy. Providing “Great Food with Your Health in Mind,”™ their menu features grass-fed steak and all-natural chicken, as well as options for an array dietary preferences.